Sunday, June 03, 2007

La Vida Loca

Blogging has not been a priority for me these days. I've been pleased to just answer emails and respond to Facebook remarks. Besides that, my head is so full of stuff that I'm not even sure what to write. I suppose this blog will only be a wrap up of all that's been going on for that past few months.

Life, and my house, has been full of people and activity. Ruthie, the Georgian, hooked up with me and the kids from February to mid-May. She loves it so much that she's working day and night to be back here by August 2. The day before Ruthie flew out, my sister-in-law, Alicia, and our friend, Julie, from church, visited me for two weeks. Both of them gave much of themselves to my girls, doing crafts, painting bricks, cutting hair, and playing soccer...of course. They loved the girls and my girls loved them too. To have family here was such a treat for me!

The same day that Alicia and Julie flew in, my old housemate, Alison, also flew in for ten days. In little more than a week, Alison spent time with her friends here, packed up her things, and left Bolivia for good. The sweet thing was being able to travel to Semaipata with her, Alicia, Julie, and handful of other missionary companions. Although, I'm sure Alicia thought it was less than sweet when a small frog bounced off her face in the middle of the night and suctioned itself to the wall above her head.

Twenty-four hours before Alison departed, Adreana, my newest housemate arrived. I should say that before my house turned into Hotel Flamingo, my other housemate, Heather, also left for a seven week furlough. She plans to live elsewhere when she comes back.
This morning, ten wonderful young adults from Toronto Chinese Alliance Church went back to Canada after spending nine days with me and all the homes. All of my co-workers had travelled for one reason or another and initially, I was overwhelmed by the thought of handling the team on my own. Thankfully, Adreana stepped in and gave me hand. The truth is that this team was so great and so funny, that I don't think I would have minded having them all to myself anyway.

So right now, I have noone to keep occupied except myself...until tommorow afternoon. My old Spanish teacher and friend, Mauge, is coming to stay with me for a day and night. The next few months bring dozens of visitors. Laura and Shavonne are visiting from Kitchener-Waterloo (June 10-July1). Two teams from Georgian and Virginia will arrive in July, not to mention the coming of my brother Derek and his wife, Renee on August 6!!

Come on down to Bolivia and get hooked up with 'la vida loca', everyone's doing it!

8 Comments:

At 12:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi marcee! 'Tis me, Diana from TCAC :) Thanks for the mention in your blog! I'm missing Santa Cruz SOO much right now! Just wanted to say THANKS again for showing us around, translating, and understanding our weird humour. haha... hm.. you have facebook. maybe I'll look you up! :D

 
At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"mar-say"!!! Tis another member of the TCAC gang, May! Yeah, I'm suffering from some BWS (Bolivia Withdrawl Symptoms) big time! Miss the chickas, chickos, you, the food, good times and good laughs! (do not miss the cold weather though). Yeah, thanks for all your help. It was such a rewarding experience and am glad God told me to go :) Keep in touch...!!

 
At 1:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hola from toronto!
hey marcee. its brandon. just came by to read wut u posted. thx for the shout. along with all the other team members, i am also missing boliva. ive been thinking and reflecting alot about the trip and have caught myself thinking..."if i were still in bolivia now, what would i be doing?" anyways, i hope the girls and the home is doing well. thx for all ur help over the 10 days there. i think im have been inspired to take spanish next term at skool. gracias!!! - brandon

 
At 1:50 AM, Blogger Jaysfreak said...

Hola! This is Alex. I'm also suffering from BWS...sigh...I had a wonderful and awesome time in the B. Thanks for everything! God has really changed me - that, I can say for certain. Praise the Lord! I/we'll continue to pray for B and all the guys/gals in the homes. Keep in touch.

PTL! Mi Alabanza!!!

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger FFG said...

Awww, really guys, you're too much...keep it coming though!! The truth is that you guys were awesome...YOU made the trip as good as it was! Diana, takes a weird one to know a weird one! May, I'm glad you went too, hope we meet again! Brandon, so when are we getting married? Ha ha, you better take Spanish cause your English isn't so good....Alex, the B misses 'moustachio' and hopes he comes back with a real 'bigote' next time!

 
At 12:12 AM, Blogger FFG said...

May I add, God gets it all, all the glory and recognition for a fab week!

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Shanno! said...

HI! it's shannon the small one! =) I miss Bolivia mucho also! Actually... not the cold so much either! But definitely the people =)! Thanks for being such a kool guide and enjoying our bowel-movement conversations! There wasn't a dull moment! Keep working hard in Bolivia! You're in my prayers! *hug* all the way from home =) Canada!

 
At 11:02 PM, Blogger FFG said...

Hello Shannon the small one, how are things down there? I do miss you guys, a lot...I still carry on bowel conversations with myself, so don't worry about that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home