Tuesday, May 03, 2011

A Lollipop Covered in Cheese.

My life is full of one amusing situation after another. Tears, questions, and melancholy visit sometimes but I think that laughter is the main feature of most of my days. For instance, since I arrived in Bolivia last week, I've been craving the pacamuto (shishkababs) at Los Lomitos. This past Sunday, Adreana, Timmy & Melinda, and I went for lunch there after church. Well, Adreana and I went to church, Timmy & Melinda skipped (heathens!). Of course Liberty, their daughter was with us. We were finished our meals and I was holding Liberty. As usual, the restaurant favoured us with these terrible, cola-flavoured lollipops. The waiter gave one to Liberty to play with. After sucking on it for a bit, she started to wave it up and down with much excitement and noise. As I watched her delight, I saw the sucker leave her little hand, spinning, stick over candy, candy over stick, right into the bowl of cheesy rice of the elderly couple behind us.

I can still hear the older lady say with indignation, "Who threw that?". I can still see the old man's beady eyes bulging with offense as he returned the lollipop, now covered in cheese. It was hysterical and the aging pair probably felt that my apology was less than heartfelt. The tears were tracking down my face from laughing...I'm laughing as I write this! It was better than dessert and the pacamuto was all that I was craving and then some. I love how God gives us these good and perfect gifts, don't you?

2 Comments:

At 1:55 PM, Blogger Alyssa said...

That's hilarious! I hope your baby got another lollipop after :o)

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

lollipop creates hyper-active child, offends stuffy senior restaurant clientele... So glad for every hilarious moment you're experiencing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home