Monday, October 31, 2005

Beware:The T-shirt Logo

For those of us who are a little slow on the get go, I would like to comment concerning the ever popular T-shirt. Apparently suppliers think that the demanders want to wear vague...or blantant...sexual suggestions across our chests. As I searched the shelves at Bluenotes, it was with much glee that I found some rare patriotic and provinciotic (new word!) cotton wears for my Canadian comrads in Bolivia. A bright yellow flashed before my eyes, snagging it with one hand, I was even more gleed (another new word!) to see that it had a reference to Saskatchewan cow farmers..perfect for my friend originating from those parts! Proudly bearing my finds (a two for one deal at that!!) to the counter, I finalized the purchase. A secondary perusal of the product caused me to notice that in the middle of the shirt was a large bull stud, encircled with the words "Master Breeder" since some 1900 date. Well now, that carries certain implications...don't you think?
Maybe it's just me in my naivety, after all I did innocently organize a bridal shower game which involved placing a carrot between one's knees and passing it in a circle as it was sliced shorter and shorter (if you can't imagine it, I happen to have it on tape.) Still, I think the producers of the common cotton T-shirt should show us with our minds OUT of the gutter a little respect, no? Or maybe they really think the amarilla camisa (yellow shirt) was a pure promotion of Saskatchewan beef?

2 Comments:

At 2:33 AM, Blogger Keller said...

I can't believe you bought that shirt! hahaha... they're getting worse and worse all the time. I can't even stand to go in some stores because they're so brutal!

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger FFG said...

Yes, I bought the shirt, but quickly exchanged it as soon as the realized the full meaning of the logo! The new T reads Canadian Woodcutters...thereĀ“s no underlying implications there, right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home