Friday, January 01, 2010

Inside of Me

There's a resistance inside of me. A restless concoction of desire for something more than average. I don't always live in ways that correspond with this nature that resides within. Sometimes, I bow to slothfulness and submit to the ho-hum. That's why I read. I read books about other places and interesting people in the hope that their adventures and experiences will somehow be mine if I just press my eyes shut and envision it hard enough. An image will strike me, cause me to pause, and I slip away from here for a few seconds.
For a few seconds, I am no longer seated on the brick stoop of my parent's wood stove, but I'm bumping along a precarious stretch of steep mountain road in Pakistan. For a few seconds, the warmth on my back becomes the sultry heat of the Santa Cruz sierra. In a moment, the night obscures my movements as I make my way to a barely lit cave and a gathering of secret Jesus loyalists. In a flash, I land in Iraq and see the shards of glass protruding from a charred taxi as blood streams down the street and pools in the gutter. Why can't I resign myself to the ordinary and for what purpose am I constantly dogged by the mystique and misery of this world?
Although a new thing springs up, I have yet to perceive it.

1 Comments:

At 3:04 AM, Blogger Jason V.A. said...

Hi Marcee,

What you voice here is very much my own thoughts. I am becoming aware of the pit of busyness of farm life. Every week it seems like something new on our plate here. Blueberries, tractors, fire wood, bunnies......
I have this same longing for a bigger gulp of God's grand story. It seems so small here in Powell River. It seems like I'm playing jack in the been stock, waiting for something to do and then all these big ideas grow too large and chase me into corners I must escape from. bad anology, just going with what comes to mind.

"for what purpose am I constantly dogged by the mystique and misery of this world? although a new thing springs up, I have yet to perceive it.

Coming out of or hopefully coming out of a dark time, I don't know where to turn and then God starts revealing again his ways. I become dumb founded by how quickly he can answer prayers. And how slow I am to ask for help.

The days are growing longer here with so much sun, thankfully the rain will stop some days. I hope you are doing well in your walk to see God in your life, pulling you and placing you in his perfect will.

WE miss you and pray for you now.

Blessing in Christ,
Jason (and Grace)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home