Saturday, November 05, 2005

Where are my keys?

Notorious is not the word for it. In unique and consistent ways, my keys always seem to lose themselves. Remembering my last stay in Cochabamba, my entire set of keys,(for house, gate, and school) misplaced themselves THREE times. I´m told by my Spanish teacher that if the key disappears again, the owner has to pay for a new key lock and set of new keys for ALL the students. I tell ya, those keys of mine better smarten up or I´m going to be a very poor missionary.
My parents and previous co-workers will also testify to the wandering nature of my keys. I´m constantly calling their name, wondering where they´ve wandered off this time. Somehow, they always return to their worried owner, wondering what all the fuss was about.
Am I the only one with this dilemma? Or are there others out there who find their keys less then loyal to their keepers?
Leaving my car back in Canada, I fondly remember how I had only one key for that fine automobile. In all the months that I drove it, not once did it run away or hide itself from me. In fact it loved me SO much that it hitched a ride with me all the way to Bolivia...keys like that are hard to come by, eh Dad?

1 Comments:

At 1:01 AM, Blogger Keller said...

My keys take vacations for extended periods of time. I've found that clipping them to my backpack or coat pockets usually work. I wish there was no such thing as a key.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home