Saturday, November 18, 2006

A Beautiful Man

An old man and his grandson boarded the bus today. Old is hard to judge here, since age is difficult to determine based on appearance, but he must have been in his late sixties. All of his wrinkles curved up and even with a straight face one could tell that this man spent most of his life in a state of smile. His eyes glimmered with glee and I thought he was more appealing than any of those stretched, surgerically altered types you see on TV and in magazines. Here we have these famous "somebodies" spending sickening amounts of money to maintain a facade of youth and I was admiring an unidentified "nobody" in the middle of nowhere Bolivia. By the way the grandson beamed at his grandfather, there was no doubt in mind that my eyes beheld a good man. His wrinkles testified to the hardness of life, but a life where smiling was still supreme. He truly was a beautiful man.

2 Comments:

At 1:19 PM, Blogger RiP Kord said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger FFG said...

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love the blog world, I get birthday wishes from people I've never met. How did you know it was my birhtday?!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home