Wednesday, November 23, 2005

0 to 60 in 5.2

It took a while to register this morning that today signifies thirty years of walking this earth...make that 28, because I probably crawled for the first two. Half-way to sixty doesn`t really depress me. It does make me consider if I`m doing all that is possible through Christ in my life.

I`m not even sure if 0 to 60 in 5.2 seconds is good time for a car, but it feels like I hit thirty in 2.6. Life really is a small blip on the screen of eternity. How am I handling the race? Are my eyes fixed on the finish line or on the crowds that surround me? I long for the prize that will not rust or fade over trophies that collect dust on crooked shelves.

Some of the pit stops have been unexpected and surprising. After family camping near the unknown town of Tillsonburg for some 18 years, I never would have expected to work and live there for four years. I guess it`s not completely unknown. Every time I mention it, someone usually serenades me with StompinĀ“ TomĀ“s ode to tabacco, "Tillsonburg, Tillsonburg, my back still aches when I hear that word!"
I was as surprised as anyone when after my first visit to Bolivia, I heard myself promising to come back for a year...and then two more!
Still, the people in the pits have been the tops! The laps of my life could not happen with out those who cheer me on, fix my blown tires, and make sure my fluids are topped up!

So, as I smoke the thirty year marker, my hope is that I will continue to race in a way that honours the one who gave me the opportunity to enter it. If I`m falling behind or competing with a wrong attitude, feel free to flag me down and remind me who`s really behind the wheel.

2 Comments:

At 12:43 AM, Blogger Keller said...

Happy Birthday Marcee! WOW 30 years... not even I am THAT old. haha. Hope today was good for you.

 
At 4:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

" It does make me consider if I`m doing all that is possible through Christ in my life."

How refreshing it is to hear a sister concerned with this... I know that the Lord will honor your desire to know Him more fully.

(And happy belated birthday!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home